Thursday, August 14, 2008

A garden Fairy

I have had a friend staying the house and she has been helping around the garden over her weekend. She asked what needed doing, and when I came back from work - Pouff - it was done. The next day the same happened again - it is just like having a garden fairy come and give me a renewed sprit to get clearing out my garden again.

First she raked over the whole garden, making piles of leaves, Norfolk Pine Cone seeds and smalls branches blown down from the storms we have had over the last couple of weeks.

Then, and this is most important, she made the piles dissapear, and that is worth loads to me, as when I make a pile of rubbish I can aggonise over where I am going to put it - compost, bin or hide it (there is not many hiding spots in my garden any more). The next day she cleared the jasmine from the lovely jade plants I have at the bottom of the garden.

That evening when I got home she also helped me clear the bank by the pongas and stag horn fern clump. We even found an egg, hidden by one of the girls :-)

We had a massive bonfire to clear up the debris and again my garden was tidy with no piles of rubbish.

A good weekend for the garden.

No comments: