Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What is flowering in July



A quick walk around my garden has given me the idea of photographing flowers each month, this will give me a better opportunity to name each plant.



Rosemary, I have lots of this which makes a hedge.



This beautiful little flower was growing near the garage, by the roadside, I love the colour and the traditional flower petal thing going on.


I wouldn't mind trimming this plant at some stage, I think it is a Bottlebrush and I believe they come from S. Africa.


Could be a Camillia? I don't really like this plant, it is too old fashioned for me and reminds me of old ladys, lavender and purple hair.



a close up of a flower which belongs to...



...this plant which I rescued from a skip a few years ago.



a Poor Mans Orcard I believe and I think it has flowers all year, this particular plant needs cutting back and making back into a bush as it is a bit spindly.



Hyacinths - another plants I don't like, but it is doing a job at the moment of being a hedge below the succulent bed, hiding next doors neighbours garden


A really fast grower and I used to know the name but it escapes me.




This is growing all over the garden and is a bit of a weed, well actually, a lot like a weed, although in some places it can look cute and keep the grass back, in other places it is really hard to get rid of. It is a succulent and breaks really easily so it is hard to get all the roots and each leaf that falls grows into a new plant at a drop of a hat.


This must be some kind of bulb, it is growing in a old urn which did have a jade plant in, but this died just leaving this flower which is quite cute, maybe I should look at splitting it up at some point or feeding it at least.


The Flame tree is also looking good, the Tui's love this tree and I have seen over 10 on it at the same time, quite a feat as they are solitary birds


This Red Hot Poker was hiding from me and I missed it the first time I went around the garden, this must be a sheltered part of the garden as all the other red hot pokers are well past flowering.

Flower buds of my orchid, which has been very negected.

No comments: